At Provar we are committed to ensuring your personal information is protected. This privacy notice describes how Provar, the data controller, collects, uses and protects your information.
Use of information
Examples of the types of personal information we collect are: name, company, postal address, email address and phone number, website URL and product usage.
We will use the personal information provided to us in order to:
- process orders submitted by you;
- customize the service we provide to you;
- administrate or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us;
- verify your identity (e.g. if you participate in any promotions administered by us);
- anticipate and resolve any problems with any goods or services supplied to you;
- carry out market research and surveys and track sales data;
- send you our newsletter, where this is requested by you;
- send you an email when a new Provar version is available to download, explaining the new features and any known issues;
- track your engagement with us, including through our website, articles and newsletters;
- understand how you use our products and services;
- contact you by telephone and send you follow-up communications relating to your use of software downloaded from our website;
- send you information about our other products and services.
We may also ask you for other optional information such as what sort of equipment/device/software you use and what other subjects interest you. If you choose to give us this information, we will use it to help us to provide you with the best possible service that is personalized to your needs and preferences.
Although we do not make it compulsory to give us every item of information we ask for, the more information volunteered by our customers (and the more accurate it is), the better we can match our services to the needs of the body of our customers.
Information automatically collected about your use of Provar Products
If you use Provar with a Floating license, we collect the following additional information via our license server:
- Product Usage Data – We collect product usage data which records the time and duration that Provar is open on your computer.
- Hostname and IP – We collect your Hostname and IP when you connect to Provar through your Floating license.
We use this information to make sure that you are using the floating license appropriately and that you are not making multiple concurrent logins. Once we have checked this information, you are granted access to log into Provar.
Third-Parties and their sites
Certain Provar services, such as single sign-on and support ticketing, are offered in conjunction with our (third-party) business providers. In such cases, we may need to share your personal information with them in order to provide these services. In this instance, please note that certain services may be unavailable if you do not want to disclose the personal information you are asked for.
Where our services make use of hosted tools, hosted data storage and payment services provided by third parties any of your personal information stored by such third parties shall be subject to their privacy provisions.
At this time, these third parties include:
miniOrange. We use miniOrange to handle our single sign-on. To learn more about miniOrange’s data protection policies, visit https://www.miniorange.com/ or https://www.miniorange.com/usecases/miniOrange_Privacy_Policy.pdf.
Jira Service Desk. We use Jira Service Desk to power our support ticketing system. To learn more about Jira Service Desk’s data protection policies, visit https://www.atlassian.com/legal/privacy-policy.
Mailchimp. We use Mailchimp to handle our email marketing. To learn more about Mailchimp’s data protection policies, visit https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy.
Salesforce. We use Salesforce to store contact information relating to partners, customers and potential customers. To learn more about Salesforce’s data protection policies, visit https://www.salesforce.com/uk/company/privacy/.
Log files/IP addresses
When you visit our website, we automatically log your IP address which is recognized by our web server. We use IP addresses to help us administer the website, to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use and to track your engagement with us.
Provar may share non-personal aggregate or summary information regarding its customers with partners or other third parties, such as information relating to the number of users visiting our website, but Provar does not sell or share any information at the individual level.
Cookies are very small text files saved to your computer used to track user navigation around a website.
At Provar, session cookies are used when users visit the website. Provar will use such cookies to identify unique users to our websites and services.
Provar use tracking cookies to track your movement within our website, and your engagement with our other services such as blogs and newsletters. You’ll receive this cookie when you visit our website but the information it collects will remain anonymous unless you share your email address with us through our website.
Disabling/Enabling Cookies – users have the ability to accept or disable cookies by modifying the settings in their browser. Disabling cookies, however, may mean that some functionality may be affected. For further directions on how to disable cookies
please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/stop-cookies-installed.html
Other than the disclosures referred to in this policy, we will not disclose any personal information without your permission unless we are legally obliged or entitled to do so (for example, if required to do so by Court order or for the purposes of identifying fraud or other crime).
We will only disclose your personal information to a third party either as part of a reorganization or a sale of the assets of Provar and/or having ensured that steps have been taken to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Information about our products and services
It is very important to us that we provide you with the highest level of service. In order to help us do this, from time to time Provar may send you, with your consent, details of our products and services which we think may be of interest to you. If at any time you do not wish to continue to receive these details, email firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know your wish not to be contacted. You can also unsubscribe from our newsletter or any other mass email communication by using the ‘unsubscribe’ option located in any email.
Keeping our records accurate
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with, please contact us as set out below.
Protecting your data
We operate a policy of “privacy by design” by looking for opportunities to minimise the amount of personal information we hold about you and only to use your information in ways which are respectful of your rights. We use appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access or unlawful use, such as:
- ensuring the physical security of our offices;
- ensuring the physical and digital security of our equipment and devices by using appropriate password protection;
- maintaining an internal data protection policy and delivering data protection training to our employees;
- limiting access to your personal information to those in our company who need to use it in the course of their work.
Retaining your data
We will retain your information for only as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us. For example:
- If you submit your information to us in a pricing request, product demo or similar, we will use your information solely to provide the service you have requested. If you indicate that you have no further interest in purchasing from us, and you do not wish to proceed to a proof of concept or trial, we will delete your information after 1 year.
- If you engage in a proof of concept or trial that does not result in a purchase, we will delete your information from our systems after 5 years. These exercises are designed for you to understand our tool’s benefits to your company’s requirements, and for us to understand how we can serve you if you were to become a customer. For this reason we retain information relating to these exercises to make sure that, if you return to us within a 5-year period, you do not need to repeat them.
- If you unsubscribe from our email communications, we maintain your email address in a suppression list to record that you no longer wish to be contacted by us. We store this information permanently so that we can comply with your wishes.
Transfers of personal information outside of the European Economic Area
Information you provide to us may be transferred by us to our service providers that are situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. Any of our servers may also be temporarily located in a country outside the EEA. If we transfer your information outside the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected in accordance with EU data protection law.
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an email to us at email@example.com or by contacting us at Make Positive Provar Limited, Unit 129 Metal Box Factory, 30 Great Guildford Street, London, SE1 0HS, United Kingdom. You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we store about you.