After running a test, the Test Runner will provide a detailed output of the tests you have run. You can also export a report of the test run.
Provar supports exporting test results into CSV or PDF format.
PDF reports have options for the following information:
- Salesforce IDs
- Summary information
- Test summary based on Tags added to the tests
- Logging levels for output messages
To export a report, choose the icon and the following screen will be displayed:
From this screen you can specify the level of detail you would like in the PDF report, or select the CSV option if you would like to import into Excel.
The default location for the report will be your project folder. To see the file in the Navigator, right click on the project and choose ‘Refresh’.
Customizing Your Report
This feature allows you to generate customized reports in CSV and PDF.
In order to use this feature, please do the the following:
- Create a folder named reports inside the src folder of the Test Project
- Download TestRunMonitorDemo.java file here (right-click on the link and select ‘Save Link As’)
- Add the .java file to the new reports folder
At the end of a test run, the report will be generated if above pre-requisites are met. Data which can be written to the CSV file includes:
- Start time
- End time
- Test location path
- Test case name
- Test status (successful, skipped, failed)
- Any environment variables which have been defined
The user can edit the .java file to get the customized report.
The following elements could be customized:
The name and path where the report should be generated could be changed to a different path inside or outside the Test Project.
Whether the data should be written at the beginning or should be appended to the csv file after each test run.