Introduction to Test Scheduling
These instructions describe how to set up test scheduling in Provar. By following these steps, you will learn how to set up tests to run on a schedule, and deliver a report of the results to your stakeholders. You will also learn how Provar can work with Version Control to help your team work more collaboratively and efficiently.
A standard DevOps flow with Provar looks like this:
This guide is divided into the following sections:
To run Provar tests without first installing Provar (e.g. on Linux), follow the guide up to Generating a Build File, then refer to Running Provar on Linux.
To complete your test scheduling setup you will need the following:
- Permissions to download Apache ANT and Java JDK from their websites
- System permissions to install Apache ANT and Java JDK on your machine
- System permissions to add and update environment variables on your machine
- Provar installed on your machine with a valid license
- Access to the Test Case files that you want to schedule
- Access to the Command Line (Windows) or Terminal (Mac) on your machine